Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli
Work on the convent of the Poor Clares and its church was begun by Beato Bernardini Tomitano in June 1492 and finished in 1504. The convent was suppressed in 1806 on the orders of Napoleon and turned into a barracks. The building, renovated by Giuseppe Segusini in 1856, has a 16th-century doorway with a lunette containing a fresco of the Madonna degli Angeli attributed to the workshop of Marco da Mel. Inside notable paintings include the Madonna and Child and Angels by Pietro de' Marascalchi, alongside Beato Bernardino Tomitano and San Francesco attributed to Lorenzo Luzzo, the Assunta by Gerolamo Turro and L’alluvione del Colmeda (The Flood of the Colmeda) by Jacopo Bassano. Christ Bearing the Cross, according to tradition, was found in front of the church in 1564 having been carried there by the swirling waters of the Colmeda.
The adjoining Chapel of the Poor Clares contains an 18th-century altar, a wooden throne sculpted by the Abbess of the convent, and Tyrolean-school wooden statues of St. Clare and St. Francis of Assisi (17th century), and of St. Peter and St. Paul (15th century).The five decorated windows of the church are the work of the Flemish artist Raph Huet (1980).