The Pusterla Gate is the southern entrance to the city. Completed in 1494, it is what remains of a fortified passage between the bishop’s castle near the cathedral and the main castle. The original semicircular tower to the east was demolished at the end of the 18th century.
Above the entrance arch a fresco represents Justice, and above that an engraved stone bears the remains of a Lion of St. Mark between the crests of the city of Feltre and the ruler Francesco Marcello, and representations of Sts. Vittore and Corona. In the adjacent section, supported by corbels with small gothic arches, we can see the symbol in stone of Beato Bernardino: the rays of the sun with the monogram of Christ (IHS).